Obtaining an employment visa generally takes approximately 4 to 5 months.
The processing of the visa goes through the following steps:
a. Your acceptance of the offer and dispatch of all documents asked for.
b. Submitting your original documents to the Ministry of Education, Oman (MOE) along with the employment format, through the Board of Directors of Indian Schools.
c. Obtaining approval from the MOE for employing you.
d. Obtaining Work Permit (Labour Clearance) from the Ministry of Manpower after submitting the MOE approval.
e. Obtaining Medical Fitness certificate from Oman govt. authorized /approved GAMCA medical centers in India.
f. Obtaining Employment Visa from Immigration Department.
It should be noted that the above govt. bodies are independent entities and approval from one is required to be submitted to the other.
You would need to submit the following documents for starting the process.
1. Highest academic qualification (original).
2. Highest Professional qualification (original).
3. Police clearance (original) from the area where you reside.
The above 3 original documents are to be apostilled by the respective State Government / Ministry of External Affairs. This can be done by either the candidate directly or if sent to the School, by the school. There are also agencies that do this work on chargeable basis. (Please refer to http://mea.gov.in/apostille.htm)
Apart from the above, you should also send the following documents (No Apostille required):
4. Copies of the first two and last two pages of your passport which should be valid for at least a year.
5. Four Passport size photographs with blue background, taken not earlier than six months.
6. Original Mark sheets of academic qualifications.
7. Original Mark sheets of professional qualifications.
8. Employment format prescribed by Ministry of Education, Oman which is sent to you by us.
All the above 8 documents are to be sent to the school office address at the same time. An international courier service with tracking facilities is recommended in order to avoid delay through postal services.
The School address is:
Indian School AL Wadi AL Kabir
P.O. Box.513, Postal Code 117, Al Wadi Al Kabir,
Sultanate of Oman
Phone: +968 24816633
Yes, you will receive a mail on receipt of all the above documents.
Yes, at every stage you will be informed on the current status of the progress.